A homemade deodorant, easy to make and effective, it is possible!
Ingredients for a 60 ml stick:
• 2 CS of baking soda (found in the salt department)
• 2 CS of organic corn starch (flour department)
• 3 SCs of organic coconut oil (food oil department)
• 5 drops of organic spearmint essential oil (organic stores, Aroma zone, pharmacies…)
• 7 drops of organic palmarosa essential oil (organic stores, Aroma zone, pharmacies…)
• Deo stick (reuse commercial ones)
• a piece of cotton or gauze
Coconut oil has the particularity to be frozen below 25°, so we will use this characteristic to make a solid stick (if it is warmer at home, you can either leave the deodorant in the fridge or put shea butter in place of the coconut oil, which remains frozen at a higher temperature).
The steps are as follows:
1. Melt coconut oil in a double boiler
2. In a bowl put: bicarbonate + cornstarch + coconut oil and mix
3. Add the essential oils and stir. It is the choice of these 2 essential oils that gives all its power to the deodorant, so I do not advise you to choose others.
4. At the bottom of the stick, cut and place a piece of gauze or cotton. Pour the mixture into the stick. If you don’t have this stick, you can make a pebble into a silicone mold that you will pass under your armpits.
5. Put in the fridge in the minimum for 5 hours and it is used the next morning!