One among every four seniors is diabetic. If your senior loved one has been diagnosed with this disease, it is necessary that they stay always vigilant. Let’s examine at a few tips that can be handy in diabetes management.
- Verify your blood sugar levels regularly and carry on your glucose meter with you always.
- Follow the diabetic diet your doctor prescribed to you.
- Respect drug intake doses and timing.
- Consult your doctor about the types of exercises you can do and their frequency.
- Have on your diabetes ID bracelet or necklace.
- Keep food and drink within easy reach at all times.
- Inform your doctor about all your drugs counting supplements and over-the-counter drugs.
- Get necessary vaccines such as the flu and pneumonia vaccines
- Check your Feet Daily to clean and treat any signs of infection or cuts.
- Keep a healthy weight.
Diabetes is an illness that can regularly be controlled via healthy eating and way of life. For diabetic seniors, to correctly handle their illness, they may need the assistance of the surrounding people and loved ones.