Addiction is equally emotional and behavioural. Forms of addiction differ from daily drugs such as alcohol and cocaine to behaviours such as gambling and stealing.
1- Substance-related addiction
Substance-related addiction is linked with substance abuse or reliance, and harmful use of substances. It may be described by terms like hungry, pressure, an incapability to end using the drug and way of life dysfunction because of drug use.
List of Addictions to Substances
- Alcohol ( learn Best Home Remedies to Cure Alcohol Addiction Fast)
- Tobacco and nicotine ( learn Nicotine And Tobacco Addiction: Symptoms, Causes, And Treatment).
- Prescription drugs
- Cannabis (marijuana)
- Other unspecified substances
2- Impulse-control disorder
Impulse-control disorder is a type of psychiatric disorders distinguished by impulsivity – failure to resist a temptation, an urge, an impulse, or the incapability to not speak on a thought.
List of Impulse Control Disorders
- Intermittent explosive disorder (obsessive violent and assaultive acts)
- Kleptomania (obsessive stealing)
- Pyromania (obsessive setting of fires)
3- Behavioural addictions
Behavioural addictions refer to numerous mental health conditions wherein an individual makes a particular behaviour constantly; though the behaviour causes him to hurt.
List of Addictions – Behavioral
- Food (eating)
- Pornography (attaining, viewing)
- Using computers / the internet
- Playing video games
- Spiritual obsession (as opposed to religious devotion)
- Pain (seeking)